<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Power of the Written Word

Maintaining a high level of Self-esteem all the time can be very demanding in this world , where chinks in your armour are being exposed just about every day.
Getting depressed is quite a natural thing for me on such occasions.
On one such occasion about three weeks ago, I was wallowing in self-pity after returning from a tough day in office. Opened the book that I've always wanted to read since a long time - VS Naipaul's Bend in the River
The opening line arrested my attention -

"The world is what it is; men who are nothing, who allow themselves to become nothing, have no place in it."

I read the line about a dozen times. After every reading, I felt as though a spear is being pierced through my innards. The Catharsis lasted for about three minutes, at the end of which I was relieved of all those despicable emotions that were threatening to maim me for life.

Naipaul rocks.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?