<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 03, 2005

BOOK TAG

Smitten by the meme which originated at Yazad's place.Though no one has tagged me as yet, I am posting my list to relieve the boredom :


Total number of books I own


Close to 500.


Last Book I Bought:


Galahad at Blandings

Last Book I read

The Complete Yes Prime Minister - By Jonathan Lynn and Anthony Jay

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me:

1. To Kill a MockingBird
An exquisite book. Atticus Finch's address to the jury is the most moving piece of prose I've ever read.

2. The Best and the Brightest
This tome by David Halberstam on the Vietnam War fiasco stands out for its detailed charecter portrayal. Not even in my wildest of dreams could I have imagined people as bright as McNamara and Bundy!

3. Leave it to Psmith
Read it.I shall say no more.

4. India - A wounded civilization
This book ought to be read by every Indian who wants to know all that is wrong with this country.

5. The Valley of Fear
Vintage Holmes.'I am Birdy Edwards' shall forever remain etched in my memory.


Tag five people and have them do this on their blogs:


Sukumar
Zing
Rohit Kaul
Venkat
Deepak

Labels:


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?